DRIVER+ will seek to improve the way capability development and innovation management are tackled, by testing and validating (in realistic environments) solutions that are addressing the operational needs of practitioners dealing with Crisis Management.
Therefore, the DRIVER+ Gaps Assessment Workshop is an essential step en route to the four Trials and the Final Demonstration, which will be organised to operationalise and trial solutions using the DRIVER+ Test-bed. This Test-bed will provide the technological infrastructure, methodology and support tools for the sound, effective and successful trial-driven development of crisis management solutions in a realistic and operational environment. Solutions, which may well be of interest to your organisation – a new item of equipment, a new piece of software, a new training approach or perhaps a new way of working together.
The Workshop will bring together motivated practitioners and experts to review and identify what gaps exist today between the existing capabilities of responders and what is expected for effective and timely response. The Workshop will focus on the domains of:
- Situation Assessment and Logistics
- High Level Coordination
- Volunteer Management
- Emergency supply to the population and handling of dyke breaches and other damages
The event will be held from Tuesday, 16 January to Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at Valabre near Aix-en-Provence, France.
Are you a Crisis Management practitioner or expert?
The DRIVER+ Gaps Assessment Workshop creates an excellent opportunity for you to network with like-minded crisis management professionals from across Europe and to share your experience and knowledge in a positive and proactive environment.
The primary purpose of the Gaps Assessment Workshop is to ensure that the work in the four trials and final demonstration addresses the needs and working practices of crisis management practitioners, so please do join us and make sure your voice is heard.
Participation in this workshop will also:
- Provide you with the latest view on a European wide practitioners gap assessment
- Enable you to share lessons learned and experiences with colleagues throughout Europe
- Provide details about the current capabilities and the existing needs in order to validate a comprehensive gap assessment in each of the four domains
- Help us prioritise the most important gaps, on which DRIVER+ future work, and in particular the trials, should focus its and their efforts
- Ensure that no important gap is missed in the work undertaken during DRIVER+
Get in touch with us now should you like to join on this occasion!